228 Alliance
202 Brown Coats
ArcherOfTheAsylum

Archer's Asylum

I'm a big bloke (7ft tall) and I am forever reading. This will mostly be my thoughts as I am reading and possibly a review or two. You may know me as Archer.

I am basically a lurker. My life revolves around my wife, my cats, Books, and entertainment.

I'm working on building and setting up a forge and I'm generally one of those people who can be found causing or in the middle of mischief somewhere...

Finished

Insurgent  - Veronica Roth

And I gotta say... There was a definite middle book syndrome going on there, the pace has dropped and it didn't just feel as good as the first. I think I've figured out a lot that's going to happen in the final book but I kinda hope I'm wrong about some of it because if I'm not, then the obviousness of it all will probably end up being the series biggest let down.

I still don't mix well with first person, present tense story telling, but it's not too big of an issue. The flow of this book just seemed all over the place, like the author had this awesome idea and knew exactly how to make it readable to a point and then hit a wall. Everything slowed down at about 70% through.

Unlike a lot of people I didn't hate this book, it's just disappointing because it's not as good as the first.

Oh well I shall start Allegiant and hope I am wrong about what I think is gonna happen.